Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This is it.

So this is it.  I started this blog for my Technology Course and now it’s almost over.  Thus, we all know that it is the duty of the last post to look back and review.
What have I learned?
1)      I learned how little I know.  There’s a vast amount of fun, educational technology tools out there.  I can’t use all of them at this point, but with unlimited accessibility, the sky is the limit. Did you know there are actually little boxes hidden throughout the world that you can find using the location coordinates and a GPS.  There’s even one in Wuhan somewhere.  How fun!
2)      Technology doesn’t have to be difficult.  Even with what is easily available at WYIS, we can use technology to encourage creativity in the students and excite them about learning.
3)      My PLN is invaluable.  A PLN is a Personal Learning Network.  I have connected to several useful blogs and the information and ideas I receive from them are so helpful and fun.  I know there is hope for me to keep caught up with changes by following these blogs.  By the way, if you have a blog that I don't know about, please comment. I want to follow you:)

What has changed?
1)      I want to use technology in unique and fun ways in my class.
2)      I regularly use Google Reader to stay connected with my PLN (and of course, family and friend blogs).
3)      I’m a little less reluctant to be creative with technology.
Goodbye to this course is not goodbye to technology...or this blog, so keep reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment